Monday 25 February 2008

You wait all month for a release, then two come along at once

I've just posted LizardTF.alpha.v.0.2.1

I've been using LizardTF at work where we have a big repository with lots going on, and I like to have a non-Visual Studio client - it's why I started this in the first place, and I noticed some annoying issues.

  1. Newly added repository items not yet in the local workspace weren't showing in the review/get list
  2. Conflict resolver crashed if a merge or conflict was on the last line
  3. Context menu 'Compare with...' wasn't using the exe/dll display when it should
  4. History browser didn't show associated Work Items for a change set.
  5. History button on property page was broken.

All these are fixed in 0.2.1.

I also noticed that the 'Use all mine' option in the resolver used all the local lines to resolve conflicts, but it left all the non-conflicting merges in place. I don't think this is right, but I can't fix it today.

Next up is resolving name changes and moves, and the auto-resolve options. Then, hopefully, independent merge in to a third file/location and changeset rollback.

No comments: