No new builds yet, but the source is coming along. I've had to spend some time re-familiarising myself with the folder diff engine, the gnu diff integration and the scintilla.Net controls. Finally I cleared up some rather tatty code behind the 3-way diff visualiser. This is neatly laid out in a set of classes under LizardDiff.Diff3Docs, one class per view, instead of a big single mess.
New features are:
- Uncontrolled Changes in Lizard Review - see changes to files not checked out, new files added to TFS controlled folders but not 'added' and files deleted from the file system but not from TFS. This was a popular request.
- Create Patch from the Folder Compare screen; you can build/save a gnu unified diff based patch file from the difference found by the comparer.
- Proper (and improved) version browsing from the Folder Compare screen
- Rename Tracking when comparing file system to TFS or TFS to TFS when 'to' and 'from' have the same repository path. This is done be parsing the changesets between 'to' and 'from' for renames. These are displayed in the output.
- 2 Way Diff now shows numbers of Inserts, Changes and Deletions.
The next step is to manage applying the generated patch file to another folder/branch and list updated files and conflicts, and allow conflict resolution through the diff/merge tool. This be the 'Lizard Merge' tool, and will allow merging across any folders, 2nd/3rd, etc generation branches as well as strict TFS 1st generation branches. This will also become the 'Lizard Rollback' tool by taking the difference between a higher and lower change set (rather than lower to higher) and applying to the higher version.
All the current work is being checked into the .Net 2.0 branch, and will be merged into the 3.5 branch (using Lizard Merge) prior to the next.
I'll have to check my notes, but I think that will make LizardTF feature complete and ready for Beta!